Future


Present Continuous

USE
- Future plans

IE
I'm having dinner with some friends this evening
I'm going to have dinner with some friends this evening

Going to

USE
- Future plans [1]
- Future result from evidence [2]

IE
[1] I'm going to the party tonight
[2] Look at that child. She's going to fall!

Will

USE
- Predictions (w/o evidence) [1]
- Spontaneous decisions [2]
- Promises [3]
- Offers [4]
- 1st conditional [5]
- Clauses of time
- Facts [7]


IE
[1] I think Ruth will pass her exams without much difficulty
[2] Todays is Ann's birthday. I'll phone her now
[3] I won't do it again
[4] I'm thirsty / I'll get you a drink from that bar
[5] If it is nice we will go out for a walk
[6]When I see John I will tell him you've been here
[7] In the year 2020 there won't be enough food for everybody

No comments:

Post a Comment