phrasals and more

sweeping off
I'm the girl that's sweeping you off your feet - elevar (metafóricamente)

I'm bad at -ing
I'm good at -ing

to be in a hurry
hurry up!

little money - poco dinero

on your marks, get set, go! (sports)
ready, steady, go! (general)

take it easy - calm down

I went blank - Quedarse en blanco

to go sightseeing - hacer turismo (a ver cosas)

score: 3-0 - three to nil

fulfil - quedar lleno

to tidy up - ordenar

to be nuts - estar loco

to take the plunge - dar el paso / dar el salto
to plunge - zambullirse

to set up st - preparar
hang on! - wait!

to ran into sb - to bumped into sb - meeting sb by chance
to came across sb/st - meeting sb/st by chance
by chance - de casualidad

point blank - rotundamente / a bocajarro, a quemarropa

to be upset - to be angry

bless their hearts - pobrecitos (benditos sean)

to die hard (habits) - que cuesta de quitar

to give a try - dar una oportunidad

to take sb for granted - subestimar a alguien

to come along - to happen

to let sb down - to disappoint sb

it will work out! - funcionará, saldrá bien

look like = take after (Who do you take after in your family)

look after = take care of

mind your own business! - métete en tus asuntos!
can't mind my own business! - no te metas en mis asuntos! ???

to ... V+O
in order to ... V+O
so as to ... V+O
to that ... S+V+O
(I study to pass the exam)
(I study to that I can pass the exam)

to oil up - engrasar / lubricar

to points out - afirmar, señalar, hacer notar

to do up - abrochar
to do up (the button of) your screen

take advantage of st - sacar provecho

to be aware / to be mindful - ser consciente (to be aware of the risks)

to turn a lot of heads - llamar la atención??

a hundred or so - unos 100

near / nearby - ?


I did it by myself - lo hago yo
I had it done by professionals - lo hacen otros (HAD)


on the point - a punto de





No comments:

Post a Comment